Saturday, October 4, 2008

Party Girls



Today was the girls third birthday party at Planet Child. As expected, they had a wonderful time. We got there around 9:30 when they opened, and they were so excited, they ran off in all directions. I kind of lost track of them during play time because I tried to mingle with our guests, but I think they gravitated toward the grocery store and the kitchen for the most part.


A little after 10 am we headed to the party room for cupcakes. Madeleine got to ring the bell this time. We sang once for Lily and once for Madeleine. I was worried Maddie might get upset with Lily going first, but she didn't mind. My favorite part was when it was Madeleine's turn, and Lily sang to her too.


We opened presents while we were there. I'm never sure if this is a good idea to do or not. But I let all the parents know what we were doing and gave them permission to go play immediately if they wanted.
We stayed until a little after 11:30. A number of our guests were reluctant to leave, so that always makes me feel good that I made the right choice for the party. The girls still mostly played with each other rather than other kids. Maybe that will change more in the next few years. The other kids were mostly children of our friends, so I had a great time catching up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while.
Afterwards we went to lunch at Sunset Grille with the grandparents. The girls weren't interested in eating, but that may be due to the fact I let them have two cupcakes each at the party. But I did make three trips to the bathroom with them.
Madeleine did ask afterwards why none of her friends or teachers from school were there, and I explained that we were having a school party on Monday. She seemed very concerned that they were missing out on the fun.

1 comment:

pyjammy pam said...

awww, happy (belated?) birthday to the girls! they are so adorable in their hats. :)