Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Weekend Getaway

A couple of months ago, when I was looking at the YMCA site for information about summer camp, I came across the link for Camp Kanata, the YMCA's closest overnight summer camp. Not ever having been to summer camp, I was curious and clicked to see what it was about. On their page they were advertising a "mother-daughter weekend" camp in April. I wasn't sure about it since the girls had not been camping before, but it seemed doable since we'd be in a cabin and the camp staff would be providing meals, etc. A coworker's daughter had been a counselor at Kanata for years, so I'd only heard good things about it. So we signed up.

Given the events of last week, it was the best trip ever.  Just to be able to get away from the world for a few days with the girls and do activities together was the best gift.

We did archery.
IMG_8967
I taught them volleyball.
IMG_8977
We did arts and crafts.
IMG_8992


IMG_9013

We canoed.
IMG_9030
We played music.
IMG_9009
We were just together.
IMG_8998

My only wish would be for more sleep!

No comments: