Friday, August 15, 2008

Thank you Miss Valerie!


Today was the girls' last day in the two year-old room at EPLC. Every stage has been unique, but they really grew into wonderful, independent, little people this past year. Their teacher, Miss Valerie has played a huge part in that.
I don't know if it's common for first-time MoMs or not, but I feel like I'm more tentative than moms of singletons or moms of more than one. Having the girls in a day care environment has been a blessing this way because I feel like I have the "experts" I can ask when I have a question or a concern. Valerie has done an amazing job with the girls, and I know I have her to thank for their table skills, manners, and potty training. Left to my own devices, who knows what would have happened?
There have been a number of other teachers in the room this past year with the girls, but Valerie has been their one constant. Madeleine seems to be the most attached. When we play school, she's always Miss Valerie. Lily is usually one of the other teachers or a JumpBunch coach. Lucky mommy gets to be Lily or Madeleline. They both point her out in books where there's pictures of "friends." They really love her, and I know she loves them as well.
They've matured so much in the past year, I can't even imagine what this coming year has in store for our family. I don't know if the girls will even notice that something has changed on Monday, but I can't let it pass without recognizing Valerie and all the other teachers at EPLC for the amazing job they do every day.

No comments: