Monday, September 6, 2010

New Camera

It was finally time for a new point and shoot camera. The last one was about 3 1/2 years old. I'd sworn by Olympus cameras for the last 15 years, but I was over this one. I got rid of my first one when the flash quit working. They wanted more to fix it than a new one would cost.

So, then I got a new Stylus. I couldn't get a battery to last more than 15 pictures (and yes, I bought new ones). Nothing ever seemed in focus. I'm tired of the expensive, proprietary memory cards. I'm tired of the flash indoors being too harsh and overexposed. I'm tired of having to crop and edit and not having anything I like SOC (straight out of camera).

Since I've had good luck with my Canon DSLR, I went with the PowerShot SD1400IS. The biggest advantage over the next model down is that it shoots HD video. I'm not huge on video, but it's nice to have when you want it.
So all these pictures are from this weekend. Saturday Grandma and Poppy Goodman came down for a picnic in Bond Park. Sunday we did grocery shopping and hit the pool in the afternoon. Monday we played in the backyard all morning, took a nap, and then asked if we could go use Grandma Sherry's sprinkler for water play. They only stayed in the sprinkler maybe 5 minutes.
The video below's from Bond Park. It made me think of the opening to Little House on the Prairie. Of course that was before I saw the "Keep of the slope" sign.

No comments: