Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bad Mom Alert

The girls have been wearing sandals most of the summer, but lately Lily's been wanting to wear her sneakers more often. Most of the shoe offerings have been size 6 for Lily and size 7 for Madeleine. Lily mentioned her shoes were too tight the other day, so I thought I'd take out my home measuring thing and check her out. It looked to be about a 7, so yesterday we took a trip to the Stride Rite store.


According to their expert measurements, both girls should be wearing an 8. I felt horrible and told the guy in the store that. He tried to make me feel better by saying that their shoes have probably stretched along with their feet, so it would be hard to notice.


So anyway, I bought two pairs of shoes each, which is a ton of money in Stride Rite-land.


I've also decided to do a massive sock upgrade. They've been still wearing 12-24 m socks. I got some from Stride Rite and Old Navy this weekend and have the huge pile of too small ones ready to go out.


Other than that - we got a hair cut from JJ's Kids Cuts this weekend as well in anticipation of our 3 year photos. We also attended Cary Celebrates Sunset at the Ampitheatre on Saturday afternoon. The girls enjoyed the activities, which included hula hooping, story time with Cookie Mouse, face painting, and an obstacle course.


1 comment:

LauraC said...

I did the same thing when Nate jumped from 4 to 5 1/2. I didn't notice until he had blisters on his toes!