Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sickos

It's been a long week. Madeleine got sent home from day care on Monday with a 101.5 fever, and she proceeded to throw up in the car on the way home. Today we headed to the pediatrician to find out she has her first case of strep throat.

Lily, in the meantime, has a nasty cough and may be working on a fever as well. Ugh! I've been attempting to work from home since Monday afternoon.

The up-side to all this is that we went pacifier-free on Monday night. I took them upstairs to be boiled and thought "Why am I doing this?"

I finished the cleaning and didn't bring them downstairs. When it was time for bed time, I waited to see what they'd do. When Lily asked where they were, I said that we couldn't use them if they were sick. She kind of took that as a matter-of-fact, and that's been it for the most part. She's woken up looking for one a few times, but I just remind her to go back to sleep.

Now let's get those girls better!

No comments: